20m Serves 1 Cup 212 Cal
Ashoka Halwa is originated in Thiruvaiyaru, a small town in South India. It is the most popular dessert served in most Tamil weddings.
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh cream
- 1 g Cardamom
- 2 Tbsp erythritol/sweetner
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seed powder
- Boil water in a pan, add fresh cream and mix it.
- Add almond flour and sunflower seed powder.
- Keep on stirring. When it begins to thicken, add erythritol and keep stirring.
- Add ghee, cardamom, food colour and keep on stirring till it comes to halwa consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with chopped pumpkin seed.
- Serve hot.