Green Tomato Chutney
20m Serves 4 People 80 Cal
This Green Tomato Chutney Indian recipe is a tangy and spicy North Karnataka style chutney made from raw tomatoes in less than 20 minutes. So next time you are looking for a healthy vegetable chutney try this simple flavorful green tomato chutney recipe. Vegan, low carb and Keto Friendly.
- 2 Medium firm green tomatoes (should make 1.25 cups when chopped)
- 2 Tbsp roasted peanuts
- 3 Large garlic cloves
- 4-5 Green chilies adjust to taste
- Coriander leaves
- 2 Stalks curry leaves
- 1 Tsp jaggery or stevia (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the peanuts till golden brown, keep aside. You can use store bought roasted peanuts as well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the same pan, add the green chilies and let them roast for 30 seconds or until you see blisters on their skin (you can also slit the chilies so they don’t pop)
- Then add curry leaves and coriander leaves and fry for a minute until the leaves wilt. Keep aside.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the same pan, add sliced raw green tomato and cook until the tomatoes are charred and nicely cooked.
- In a blender take roasted green chillies, curry leaves & coriander leaves mixture, garlic ,jaggery, roasted peanuts, salt and blend into a coarse paste without adding water. Then add roasted tomato and blend to a coarse or smooth paste without adding any water as your preference.
- Raw Tomato chutney is ready and can be served with dosa, idli or chapati.