Instant Pot Cream Of Asparagus Soup
25m Serves 6 People
This Vegan Cauliflower Coconut Curry is super flavorful, delicious, healthy and easy to make in instant pot pressure cooker or stove top just under 30 minutes.
- 450g Asparagus woody ends trimmed, cut into 1inch pieces (around 3.5 – 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Medium finely chopped Onion
- 5 Cups water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cup heavy cream coconut milk or dairy milk
- Optional Toppings
- Sunflower seeds
- Lightly steamed asparagus tips
- Fresh ground pepper
- Extra cream
- Lemon juice
Instant Pot Method:
- Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add butter or oil and once it’s hot add minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add onions and saute until they soften.
- Add asparagus to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Continue to sauté until asparagus are tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock or water into the Instant pot. Add salt and black pepper.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn pressure valve to SEALING position.
- Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes.
- When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally. Open the lid.
- Blend the soup using an immersion until creamy and smooth.
- If you don’t have a hand blender, puree in a blender in batches once slightly cooled.
- Add heavy cream or milk, stir well.
- Adjust seasoning. If you think soup is too thick ,you can add water or milk into soup and boil for 2 minutes.
- While serving sprinkle sunflower seeds and more cream if required
Stove Top Method:
- Follow same steps as above
- For STOVE TOP ,Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes in a pot