Lauki Raita (Bottle Gourd Raita)
20m Serves 2 People
This Lauki ka Raita or Bottle Gourd Raita recipe is a healthy and easy to make accompaniment made using grated bottle gourd, yogurt and few spices and it goes very well with Indian meals. Lauki Raita is gluten free, keto and low carb recipe.
- 1 Cup lauki grated
- 2 Cup curd whisked
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- 5 Tsp roasted cumin
- 2 Tsp chat masala powder
- 1/2 Tsp black salt
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves for garnish
- Peel and grate lauki using medium sized blade.
- Lauki can be cooked in 3 ways:
- Boil some water in a pot/pan add the grated lauki and cook for 5 minutes till tender
- If using Instant Pot ,add shredded lauki and ¼ cup of water in to the inner pot. PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) for 0 minutes and Quick Release.
- You can add grated lauki along with ¼ cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes until the bottle gourd is completely tender.
- Strain the cooked lauki and let it cool.
- Whisk the yogurt or curd in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked lauki, green chillies, roasted jeera powder , chat masala powder and black salt. Taste at this stage to make sure the amount of salt and spices is enough.
- Lauki Raita is ready, Serve chilled.