15m Serves 9 People
Udupi Roti is a famous dish in Udupi region which can be served as breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 Cup curd
- 2 Tbsp chia seed
- 0.25 Carrot
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1 Green chili
- 1 Tbsp curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Cup sunflower seed powder
- 2 Tbsp sesame seed powder
- In a bowl, mix sunflower seed flour, sesame seed powder, chia seed powder, onion, carrot, curry leaves, green chilli, ginger, salt and cumin seeds.
- Add hot water and knead to a roti dough consistency.
- Pat while spreading over a banana leaf or aluminium foil.
- Make some holes in between so that roti can absorb oil.
- Smear some oil over the roti and cook on medium flame, flip over and cook on both sides.
- Serve with diabetes mantra accompaniment.