20m Serves 1.5 People
Upma, is a dish originating from the Indian subcontinent, most common in Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtrian, Gujarat, and Odia. It is served as breakfast, cooked as a thick porridge from dry-roasted semolina or coarse rice flour.
- Salt to taste
- 250g Cauliflower rice
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2-5 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 5 Almonds
- 1 Onion
- 2 Dry chili
- 1 Tbsp curry leaves.
- Heat kadhai with oil and splutter mustard seed in it.
- Add curry leaf, dry chilli, almonds, onion and saute for 3 Minutes.
- Now add the cauliflower rice, salt and mix well.
- Cover the kadhai with lid for 2 Minutes.
- Take off the flame and serve hot.